Het is nu 22 sep 2018, 09:07

Alle tijden zijn GMT + 1 uur [ Zomertijd ]

Plaats een nieuw onderwerp Antwoord op onderwerp  [ Totaal aantal berichten 73707
Auteur Bericht
 Berichttitel: Peugeot BB 1957 - Bromfiets Verzekering
BerichtGeplaatst: 27 dec 2017, 19:15 
Bromfiets liefhebber

Hello everyone,

First of all, apologies for not using dutch to write my message, but my level is too poor to get my message across. i hope that’s ok with you :)

I brought back with me, all the way from south of France, an old Peugeot BB from 1957. However, I am a beginner when it comes to dutch insurance for this kind of vehicle.

Does anyone know, or recommends, a good insurance for classic oldtimers like this one and, in general, what is the proceedure to go through to get my moped legalized in The Netherlands and ready to hit the road?

Any informaion at this point would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Clément

Share on Facebook
 Offline Profiel  
Antwoord met een citaat  
 Berichttitel: Re: Peugeot BB 1957 - Bromfiets Verzekering
BerichtGeplaatst: 27 dec 2017, 20:45 
Bromfiets kenner

Welcome Clément,

No need to insure the vehicle before it gets a Dutch vehicle registration. The general procedure to achieve this is lined out (in English) on https://www.rdw.nl/information-in-english/information-in-english/information-in-english/import/apply-for-dutch-vehicle-license-number-for-eu-or-efta-country-vehicle . Pleae note that the requirements for vehicles older than 30 years are different, and also the inspection method for those vehicles.
Once registered and fitted with a Dutch license plate, Insurance (third party liability) is compulsory , unless you request a SORN-status (in Dutch called "schorsen", SORN is the formal UK phrase for Statutory Off Road Notification}. Road tax does not apply to mopeds. APK (periodic vehicle inspection) also does not apply.

Please post a picture of your bike, we love to see what people are riding!

Regards,

Ducini

Share on Facebook
 Offline Profiel  
Antwoord met een citaat  
BerichtGeplaatst: 28 dec 2017, 11:34 
Bromfiets liefhebber

Thank you for the detail answer Ducini!

I will make an appointment for the inspection ASAP. I hope it will go ok :D

By the way, I heard as well that the legislation might change a bit in 2018 for Amsterdam, regarding vehicle older than 2010... I heard they might even be banned from driving in the center :| Have you heard anything about that? I hope that does not apply to classic old timers though.

Looking forward to join the community and see all the crazy bikes you all ride! I attached the picture I tried to post earlier, again.

Cheers,
Clement

Bijlagen:
Opmerkingen bij bestand: Here is the picture of my baby :)
IMG_1267.jpg
IMG_1267.jpg [ 89.15 KiB | 987 keer bekeken ]
Share on Facebook
 Offline Profiel  
Antwoord met een citaat  
BerichtGeplaatst: 30 dec 2017, 15:18 
Bromfiets kenner

Clément,

Yes, Amsterdam is creating its own set of rules. There will be an exemption for 30 years+ mopeds that will apply to weekends only (Friday 12:00 through Monday 12:00 hours). From January 1st, 2018, offenders will receive a warning, from May 1st, 2018 a fine of 60 Euros will be due.

As proof that your moped is 30 years or older, the vehicle licence document contains an entry “Datum Eerste Toelating” (DET). After a well-coordinated action between the licencing authority RDW, the Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management, and the Federation of Historic Automobile and Motorcycle Clubs FEHAC (member of FIVA), all owners of historic mopeds have very recently received a new copy of their licensing document (“Kentekenbewijs”) reflecting the 30+ status by means of a corrected “DET”. Based upon the new document, owners can now apply for a weekend exemption for a one-time fee of only 10 Euros instead of 105 Euros !

Like in several other countries, two classes of mopeds are distinguished, mostly depending on their original “design speed” of 25 or 45 km/h respectively. Riders of 25kph “snorfietsen” are exempt from wearing a helmet and must use the designated bicycle lanes, whereas on 45kph “bromfietsen” they must wear a helmet and as a general rule use the main carriageway within the 50 kph city limits.
When such roads have more than one lane each way mopeds are directed to the bicycle lane.

Here again, Amsterdam plans its own course. Because riders of modern scooters are perceived to spoil the fun (and the air…) for regular bicyclists, ALL “snorfietsen” will be banned from using the bicycle lanes “as directed”. This implies, that on certain stretches of road within Amsterdam, helmets must be worn even on a “snorfiets”. Don’t ask me to explain this, but I hope all this information is useful for you.

Regards,
Ducini

Share on Facebook
 Offline Profiel  
Antwoord met een citaat  
BerichtGeplaatst: 02 jan 2018, 11:12 
Bromfiets liefhebber

Hi Ducini,

Thanks a lot for the very detailed response!

Technically, the DET on my moped's french paperwork is from 2014 (as the vehicle did not have any license plate before, as it was not required). Hopefully, that means I will be able to ride all the time :D (although I doubt it).

To be honest, as a long time bicycle rider, I do find scooters riding on the bicycle lane to be super annoying. So, I am not against that new legislation from that point of view. Anywhere else I have ridden scooter were all banned from bicycle path.

Thank again for all the help

BR,
Clement

Share on Facebook
 Offline Profiel  
Antwoord met een citaat  
BerichtGeplaatst: 22 feb 2018, 19:54 
Bromfiets liefhebber

I finally received the title for my Peugeot. So happy! I also filed for an exception to be able to ride in Amsterdam and that got approved too! Next step the plate and the insurance. On the later, I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations on a good (cheap) insurance for old-timer bromfiets? I see so many different prices and companies online that I am a bit confused. It would be great if you could recommend one. Thanks!

Share on Facebook
 Offline Profiel  
Antwoord met een citaat  
Plaats een nieuw onderwerp Antwoord op onderwerp  [ Totaal aantal berichten 73707

Alle tijden zijn GMT + 1 uur [ Zomertijd ]