Het is nu 26 jun 2019, 01:37

Alle tijden zijn GMT + 1 uur [ Zomertijd ]

Plaats een nieuw onderwerp Antwoord op onderwerp  [ Totaal aantal berichten 75982
Auteur Bericht
 Berichttitel: Date of Manufacture please Oldtimer Peugeot 103s
BerichtGeplaatst: 14 sep 2010, 15:33 
Hi Everyone!
Please will some kind person confirm the age of my Peugeot 103s?

I believe it must be from 1971 or latest 1972. I don't have any documents for registration.

Serial number is 5912861
Goedkeuringsnummer 1216 (but this is very rusty and difficult to be 100% certain)

There is no engine number on the cylinder head left side, I believe the motor was repaired with a new cyl head, and the number was never stamped.

I am trying to get a United Kingdom registration for this wonderful old machine, any help will be very much appreciated.

My apologies for writing in English :oops: , and my sincere thanks for any information that you can give me thumbup .

Best regards
Simon

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Share on Facebook

Antwoord met een citaat  
 Berichttitel: Re: Date of Manufacture please Oldtimer Peugeot 103s
BerichtGeplaatst: 15 sep 2010, 08:15 
Bromfiets professor

Hi Simon,

The plate right by the stern indicates an approval for that Peugeot model from 1971 on, which suspects it would have been produced and set on the road the year after. In those days, moped designers weren't so eager to design new models each year, especially not for utility-models such as the 103, so it might have remained in production unchanged for a couple of years. This makes it hard to determine the exact year of production but what if you say it's from 1972: how will anyone prove at registration that's it's NOT from 72? :mrgreen: I would just walk up there and say: 'it's a 72 model' and that's it.

I guess your French might not be too great, but if you still wish to try your luck on a French forum and you come across something you really don't understand, I'ld be happy to help and translate.

Good luck!

Share on Facebook
 Offline Profiel  
Antwoord met een citaat  
Plaats een nieuw onderwerp Antwoord op onderwerp  [ Totaal aantal berichten 75982

Alle tijden zijn GMT + 1 uur [ Zomertijd ]